The Sonic Cathedral Coordinator will have the opportunity to develop and manage one of the most unique live performance spaces in public radio and beyond. The newly redesigned studio space will serve as the most visible representation of Nashville Public Radio’s programming vision and commitment to community building.
While the space will primarily be utilized for musical performances tied to WNXP, it will also hold news briefings, community gatherings, special live broadcasts and other events. As Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing the master calendar and communicating across all departments.
For WNXP, you will work directly with the programming and editorial department to book a diverse array of artists for performances and interviews. You will also develop and manage the technical team responsible for producing and capturing content and help deliver assets for WNXP’s digital platforms and NPR Music.
You will also assist in occasional offsite events and be a regular fill-in host for WNXP.
Nashville Public Radio is a mission driven organization, dedicated to hiring a diverse, equitable and inclusive team whose unique lived experiences will bring a panoramic perspective to the area’s music and culture.
- Maintain master calendar for performance space use across all departments
- Develop and manage team of live sound engineers, studio production engineers, video personnel and photographers for live sessions
- Coordinate with WNXP Programming to book appropriate artists
- Communicate and coordinate with artist representatives for booking and be primary point of contact day of performance
- Coordinate with news and marketing departments on other station-related events
- Coordinate delivery of live session assets with WNXP programming, editorial production and digital teams
- Assist underwriting in sponsorship fulfillment related to performance space and live sessions
- Work with WNXP Engagement Coordinator for content capture and promotion
- Assist WNXP Engagement Coordinator and other appropriate station personnel to fulfill staffing needs for audience attended events
- Help manage occasional offsite events (example: WNXP sponsored festival showcase)
- Regular WNXP on-air shift and occasional fill-in host
Skills and Requirements
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to adjust in a dynamic atmosphere
- Highly developed communication skills
- Live event and music booking experience
- Detail oriented, self-disciplined and self-motivated
- At least one year of broadcasting experience
- Experienced with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Basic understanding of audio, video and lighting equipment
- Basic knowledge of on-air software (Wide Orbit or equivalent) and audio editing software (Audition or equivalent)
- Knowledge and passion for a wide range of music
- Ability to manage and direct team members in a collaborative, productive manner
The salary starts at $55,000 and is commensurate with experience. In addition to being part of the meaningful mission of Nashville Public Radio, employees receive competitive salary and excellent benefits. As part of a successful public radio organization, you will get cross training and educational opportunities to expand your skill set and further your professional development.
Please submit cover letter, resume and links to your voice work to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.