The Events Coordinator is responsible for facilitating of events and community engagement initiatives of all sizes and, the training and recruitment of volunteers. This position works with the Nashville Public Radio team and also engages with volunteers and outside vendors. The coordinator, like all staff at Nashville Public Radio, will work to reach our goals of building our audience through community engagement; presenting innovative, compelling events and meaningful conversations; cultivating new members; and, raising the funds necessary to grow our organization and increase the services we provide.
As a member of the development and marketing team:
- Collaborate with departments throughout Nashville Public Radio to coordinate community engagement initiatives and special events for Nashville Public Radio and its associated brands – WPLN News and 91Classical.
- Develop training materials, recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- Coordinate local volunteer participation staffing community events.
- Ensure that all events and initiatives meet goals and expectations, tie into the Nashville Public Radio Strategic Plan, and support brand messages.
- Write and distribute project status reports, presentations and post-event recaps.
- Work closely with our content teams to expand the reach of our journalism and music to create brand awareness
- Works closely with our underwriting team from event inception, to preparing proposals, to sponsorship fulfillment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; three-plus years’ experience in special events, volunteer management or related field
- Demonstrated track record of recruiting, training and managing volunteers
- Is a collaborator that can work across the organization to help build awareness for the stations and drive community engagement
- Experience managing budgets, coordinating staff and working effectively with volunteers and outside vendors
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and perform under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Graphic design experience a plus, but not required.
- Project Management Skills. Understanding project tracking/management software a plus.
- Negotiating skills preferred to assist in contracts
- Oversee organization wide calendar of events
At Nashville Public Radio, we are looking for people who are curious about the world and have an excitement for the mission of Nashville Public Radio. If it sounds like you would be a good fit for our team, apply today.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Nashville Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer, an Affirmative Action Employer and actively seeks talented people from all backgrounds, orientations and walks of life.