Do you love Nashville’s incredible music scene? Are you a social media ace? Are you looking for an exciting position that will evolve over time? This could be the perfect position for you!
Nashville Public Radio is bringing a new station to the city focused on music discovery. The music and culture of the station will reflect the vibrant, creative pulse of our diverse city.
The Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for social media outreach, email campaigns and event development and activation. This position reports to the Vice President of Development and Marketing and the radio station’s Program Director.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent; three-plus years of experience in public relations, social media, special events, or related field.
- Understands music and is excited about the local music scene.
- Is outgoing and has no fear when it comes to public speaking. Although broadcast/podcast experience is not required, you will be on-air on a regular basis.
- Is a collaborator that can work across departments, with sponsors, venues, artists and with volunteers and interns.
- Is flexible and available to work some non-traditional hours on weekends and nights.
- Can meet tight deadlines and perform under pressure with strong attention to detail.
- Social media engagement: You will maintain and grow our social media accounts – creating content, engaging with listeners and helping to build our audience.
- Work closely with the team to expand the reach of our music, create brand awareness and grow audience.
- Assist in the planning and activation of innovative and compelling events, both virtual and live, including collaborating with our sponsorship team from event inception to sponsorship fulfillment.
- Assist with the development and management of a street team of volunteers who will assist with live events.
- Other assignments as requested.
At Nashville Public Radio, we are looking for people who are curious about the world and have an excitement for the mission of Nashville Public Radio. If it sounds like you would be a good fit for our team, apply today.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in our hiring. Nashville Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] No phone calls, please.