A smart, news-driven and energetic on-air host — that’s who WPLN News is looking for. As the new host of our local All Things Considered, you’ll be the afternoon companion for one of the largest radio audiences in the Nashville region.
We’re doing great journalism here in Nashville. Come join us.
Here’s who we are:
- A collaborative newsroom that prides itself on punching above its weight. We produce top-quality daily and enterprise news, file frequently for national shows and create longform podcasts and specials. Our hosts bring it all to life on the air.
- Journalists who take journalism seriously. We reflect on our coverage and are thoughtful about which stories we pursue. We aim to do national-caliber work every day. But we also have fun and prioritize balancing work with life.
- A group of compassionate individuals who care deeply about representing the diversity of our region. The country music you might associate with Nashville is just one part of the picture. This is a place with thriving religious, ethnic, immigrant and artistic communities, and we live here because we value telling this community’s stories and making it a better place through our coverage.
Here’s who you are:
- A strong journalist and communicator. You have the ability to spot important story threads and explain them in a way that engages listeners.
- A deep thinker about issues of equity, diversity and journalism ethics. You care about the impact that local news outlets and hosts can have on their communities, and you’re excited to push yourself and others to do better.
- A fast-paced multitasker. On a given day, you might write copy, produce an interview with a reporter or newsmaker, and figure out how to promote upcoming stories. It takes some mental gymnastics. Fortunately, you like mental gymnastics.
- A confident host who cares about how the radio sounds. One of the newsroom’s goals this year is to develop and improve our on-air sound across the dayparts. That’s something you’re excited to work on.
We’re looking for candidates with diverse life experiences. The salary for this position starts at $50,000 and is commensurate with experience.
To apply please submit 1) your resume, 2) a cover letter explaining your hosting philosophy, and 3) a selection of clips of your on-air experience to [email protected]. The deadline for this position is April 18, 2021.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusivity in our hiring. Nashville Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.