The Assistant Program Director will be a key leader for Nashville Public radio’s new Music Discovery station and help craft its personality, sound and image. Outside of your daily air shift, you will be essential in managing the operational aspects of the station, working with the Program Director in scheduling on-air shifts, setting station priorities, assigning staff to complete objectives; and working with partners on special projects.
You will also work with the marketing, sponsorship and underwriting departments to ensure communication continuity and execution of partnerships and programs. Organizational skills and flexibility are key.
As a daily host, you will connect Middle Tennessee to a deep and diverse musical experience. Our hosts will not just be pressing play or reading copy. They will know the music and provide insight, context and history to the songs and use their passionate curiosity to make valuable use of listener’s valuable time. There will also be opportunities to develop new programming, bring creative ideas to life, and, as a founding member of a new station, you will help shape its identity. Nashville Public Radio is a mission driven organization, dedicated to hiring a diverse, equitable and inclusive team whose unique lived experiences will bring a panoramic perspective to the area’s music and culture.
- Host a live daily air shift
- Assist Program Director with station operations
- Coordinate with other team members on executing events
- Work with Program Director and production team for station imaging, promotions and other on-air assets
- Work with marketing, traffic, sponsorship and underwriting teams on fulfilling partnerships
- Help deliver required reports ala quarterly FCC, Sound Exchange, BMI/ASCAP/SESCAC
- Contribute to website and social media.
- Participate in weekly music meetings.
- Participate in on air fund drives.
- Stay informed and engaged with Middle Tennessee music scene.
- Follow and enforce FCC regulations and station policies including EAS procedures.
- Non-standard working hours guaranteed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Hosting, broadcasting or podcasting experience
- Basic knowledge of broadcasting and recording equipment including consoles, microphones and audio software
- MusicMaster and Wide Orbit experience a plus
- Live event experience
- Functional skills with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Detail oriented, self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Knowledge and passion for a wide range of music with an understanding of Nashville’s musical history
- Ability to manage and direct team members in a collaborative, productive manner including constructive criticism
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability adjust in a dynamic atmosphere
- Sound editing experience
In addition to being part of the meaningful mission of Nashville Public Radio, employees receive competitive salary and excellent benefits. As part of a successful public radio organization, you will get cross training and educational opportunities to expand your skill set and further your professional development.
Please submit cover letter, resume and links to your voice work to [email protected] No phone calls, please.