The Assistant Program Director is an integral leader for WNXP – Nashville Public Radio’s Music Discovery station. You will help define its sonic identity through your on-air presence and programming plus help build its success through creating and maintaining the organizational structures needed to connect with the listening community.
You will also be essential in managing certain operational aspects of the station and key in cross-departmental communication between station leadership, management, marketing, corporate sponsorship and operations.
As a daily host, you will connect Middle Tennessee to a deep and diverse musical experience. Our hosts know the music and provide insight, context and history to the songs and use their passionate curiosity to make valuable use of listeners’ time.
You will find opportunities to develop new programming, bring creative ideas to life, and, as a founding member of a new station, you will help shape its personality. Nashville Public Radio is a mission driven organization, dedicated to hiring a diverse, equitable and inclusive team whose unique lived experiences will bring a panoramic perspective to the area’s music and culture.
- Host a live daily air shift
- Assist Program Director with daily music logs
- Participate in on-air fund drives
- Help PD develop and maintain the musical library
- Coordinate part time and fill-in host schedule
- Coordinate with labels and artist representatives for on-air and online assets
- Contribute occasional editorial content
- Assist PD with organizing regular music meetings
- Help deliver required reports ala quarterly FCC, Sound Exchange, BMI/ASCAP/SESCAC
- Update new artist adds for industry charts and newsletter
- Follow and enforce FCC regulations and station policies including EAS procedures
- Non-standard working hours guaranteed
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- At least two years of broadcasting experience
- At least one year working with MusicMaster or equivalent music library software
- Basic knowledge of on-air software (Wide Orbit or equivalent) and audio editing software (Audition or equivalent)
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability adjust in a dynamic atmosphere
- Functional skills with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Detail oriented, self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Knowledge and passion for a wide range of music
- Ability to manage and direct team members in a collaborative, productive manner
The salary starts at $55,000 and is commensurate with experience. In addition to being part of the meaningful mission of Nashville Public Radio, employees receive competitive salary and excellent benefits. As part of a successful public radio organization, you will get cross training and educational opportunities to expand your skill set and further your professional development.
Please submit cover letter, resume and links to your voice work to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.