Enjoy listening to WPLN-FM (90.3 FM) and 91Classical (91.1 FM) through your Alexa smart speaker. Here is a primer on the various ways you can get Nashville Public Radio content.
How to listen to WPLN-FM
Do one of the following two steps:
- Say, “Alexa, play WPLN.”
- Say, “Alexa, play NPR.” The first time you say this, you may be guided to set WPLN as your local station.
How to hear the most recent WPLN newscast
CLICK HERE to find the WPLN Local Newscast skill at amazon.com — just tap Enable.
Enable the WPLN Local Newscast in your Amazon Alexa app, with the following steps:
- In the drop-down menu, go to Settings. Scroll down and tap the bar that says Flash Briefing.
- Tap Add Content at the top and search for WPLN Local Newscast.
- Tap the skill, then tap the button that says Enable.
Once your Flash Briefing is enabled, you can say “Alexa, what’s my Flash Briefing” or “Alexa, what’s the news.” If you already have Flash Briefings enabled, you can place them in the order you choose.
How to listen to 91Classical
There are three options:
- Say, “Alexa, play 91Classical.” If this doesn’t work, use option 2 or 3.
- Go to the 91Classical skill page at amazon.com, and click Enable skill. Then say “Alexa, play 91Classical.”
- Enable the skill in your Alexa app, with the following steps:
- In the drop-down menu, go to Skills & Games.
- Search for 91Classical (no space).
- Tap on the skill, and then tap Enable.