Listen: Auctioneer Champ Slows It Down For Us (And Then Speeds It Up)

Nov 3, 2014

Justin Ochs, a businessman from Hendersonville, Tenn., is a pretty smooth talking guy. But when you get him in front of a crowd of people, his voice becomes mesmerizing.

Ochs was the winner of the 2012 International Auctioneer Championship. WPLN’s Emily Siner talked to him about what he’s really saying up there — and how he gets the bids rising.

Ochs also notes: About 90 percent of being a successful auctioneer is marketing and having a good business sense. The other 10 percent is the chant that everyone is fascinated by. But can you blame us?