ABC executives said little about the TV show Nashville today except to confirm that it’s staying put.
During a conference call with reporters, network president Paul Lee only mentioned the show briefly when describing next season’s Wednesday night schedule.
“We’re leaving Nashville intact. We have a great creative plan for a wicked second season for that.”
While Lee didn’t cite the production as one of ABC’s core shows, it does match what he described as the network’s calling card of “upscale,” “emotional” drama.
But the show’s producer won’t be coming back. According to a tweet from Loucas George, his contract has not been renewed. George had been central to the decision to film in Music City instead of LA.
Just heard heard, my contract is not being picked up!Moving On. By Nashville.
— Brave Ulysses (@LoucasGeorge) May 11, 2013
As for next fall’s air dates, Lee said season premieres will be staggered so they don’t get lost in the September “slugfest.” Also, the season for hour-long shows like Nashville will be broken into two chunks. Viewers can expect 12 episodes in the Fall and another 12 in the Spring, separated by another drama with what he called a “limited” season sandwiched in between.