Flood Information for Montgomery, Hickman, Williamson & Cheatham Counties

If you are a flood victim in Davidson, Williamson, Cheatham, Hickman, Dyer, or Montgomery county, register at www.fema.gov or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). Businesses and residents in these counties may be eligible for financial assistance to help recover from the flood.

Even though six counties have been declared federal disaster areas, they are still in need of immediate assistance.

For the most current information on water alerts, shelter, debris pick up, assistance and volunteer opportunities for the cities of Franklin and Brentwood, and Montgomery and Hickman counties, it’s best to go to their respective websites. Local officials there are monitoring changes in assessments and needs and posting updates regularly.

Williamson County
Williamson County Emergency officials say there is still some standing water, but the Harpeth River has moved back to its flood stage and most of the county’s residents are working on clean up. The county has extended its landfill hours, and this Saturday, May 8th, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm, is the county’s annual Hazardous Household Waste Day, where any Tennessee resident can dispose of hazardous waste. Check the list for items accepted.

Hickman County
Hickman County is still in a rescue situation as many remain stranded or unaccounted for. Information such as volunteering to help flood victims, shelters, and donation needs are still evolving and are not on the county‘s website, so it’s best to use the following information:

Hickman County Emergency Management Agency officials are compiling a list of all people willing to volunteer. Those with specialty skills related to construction and rebuilding are especially needed, call 931-729-6132 to sign up.

Parts of the county are still without water and the Fairfield Church of Christ, 1860 Highway 100, Centerville, TN, 931-729-5142, is accepting bottled water during reasonable hours.

All other donations are being accepted by Helping Hands, 7606 Tatum Rd, Lyles, TN, 615-429-6700. They are in need of baby formula, diapers, food, water, cleaning supplies, clothing, and especially furniture such as beds.

Cheatham County
For flood victims needing immediate assistance in Cheatham County, call the county‘s Emergency Management department at 792-3443. They are responding to calls as quickly as they can.

There is a shelter in Cheatham County at Sycamore High School, 1021 Old Clarksville Pike, Pleasantview, TN, 37146, 746-5013. The school is using the cafeteria to feed families and individuals. Classrooms are being used to house families and give some privacy.

The Cheatham County Chamber of Commerce 792-6722 is handling all volunteer efforts. To donate clothing, call the Bethesda Center, 792-1389, 108 S. Main Street, Ashland City.

Montgomery County-City of Clarksville
In Clarksville, two organizations are collecting donations. The United Way is gathering non-perishable food, clothing, personal hygiene items, cleaning supplies, and pet food. You can drop off donations at United Way, 1300 Madison St., Clarksville, 931-647-4291, or the Faith Outreach Church Gym, 731 Windermere Drive, 931-358-3010.

Used furniture such as beds, sheets, and mattresses, are being collected at Exit Realty Clarksville, 1289 Northfield Drive, 931-338-2734.

The Red Cross is coordinating all volunteers. Adults must be willing to complete a four-hour training course and pass a background check. Volunteers wanting to help can sign up at the Red Cross Shelter at Hilldale Baptist Church, 2001 Madison Street, Clarksville, from 10 am – 4 pm.

Please keep your community civil. Comments will be moderated prior to posting, and Nashville Public Radio reserves the right to approve them at its discretion. Comments containing links promoting goods, services - even noble organizations - will not be published. Your comments may include external links, but all comments with links will be delayed as they are reviewed. Comments containing profanity will be rejected.